If you're out there you're vulnerable. People prefer to disappear in life, to repress their personality. That's not living. It's dying. I see them all over the place, the walking dead.
-- GRACE JONES--

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Album Scoop: John Legend Proves Why He Deserves The Name 'Legend' On New LP



Artist: John Legend
Album: Evolver
Label: G.O.O.D. Music/Columbia Records


I was a little disappointed about the leak of this album, but oh well....here's my review!!!

After a two year break, John Legend has returned with his junior effort, 'Evolver'. The album includes the first single "Green Light" featuring André 3000 and the follow-up single "If You're Out There". It also features guest appearances and productions from André 3000, Kanye West, Brandy, Estelle, The Neptunes, Teddy Riley, and many more. Unlike the first two efforts, 'Evolver" features more uptempo tracks and showcases John Legend in a different light with refreshing sound.
When I first heard the first single, I knew that this was going to be another great album by John, and as a die-hard fan, I must say that I am not disappointed with the outcome and the direction Mr. Legend has decided to take with this one. The reason is that whenever an artist is constantly switching up their style and always bringing something new and fresh to the table, you can never label them or say that they have become predictable over the years, which in my opinion is a good thing. I must say that both 'Get Lifted' and 'Once Again' were great albums, but on this album you can really see the growth of Mr. Legend as an artist, songwriter, and a producer. With tracks such as "It's Over Now", Cross The Line", "Quickly", "Green Light", "No Other Love", and "Satisfaction" they all show a different side of John Legend that we have never seen or heard before, but do not get me wrong, there are still a few John Legend's signature tracks such as "This Time", "I Love, You Love", and "If You're Out There" for the rest of you John Legend's fans. The stand-out tracks for me were "Green Light", "It's Over Now", "Everybody Knows", "Cross The Line", "No Other Love", "This Time", "Good Morning", "I Love, You Love", and "If You're Out There".
John Legend's third album, 'Evolver' hit stores October 28th, so please make sure you guys go out and buy this album, you will not be disappointed, trust me!! The album rating: 4.5 out 5 stars!! Great Album and a MUST HAVE!!!!!

Track List
1. Good Morning (Intro)
2. Green Light (featuring André 3000)
3. It’s Over (featuring Kanye West)
4. Everybody Knows
5. Quickly (featuring Brandy)
6. Cross The Line
7. No Other Love (featuring Estelle)
8. This Time
9. Satisfaction
10. Take Me Away
11. Good Morning
12. I Love, You Love
13. If You’re Out There
14. Can’t Be My Lover (Bonus Track)
15. It’s Over (Teddy Riley Remix) (Bonus Track)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I must admit that this album does live up to it's title. John Legend has definitely Evolved from having a label on his music.

    That seems to be the trend with R&B artists these days. It's a good look....cross over appeal SELLS....that's the ONLY reason we have artists like Rihanna.....................

    ReplyDelete

[Pennies] 4 Ur Thoughtz