If you're out there you're vulnerable. People prefer to disappear in life, to repress their personality. That's not living. It's dying. I see them all over the place, the walking dead.
-- GRACE JONES--

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Beyonce Shows Growth On Third Album..I Am...Sasha Fierce!!


Artist: Beyonce
Album: I Am....Sasha Fierce
Label: Columbia Records


One of the highly anticipated albums of 2008 has just leaked online on Election Day, how weird is that? The third album from Beyonce entitled 'I Am....Sasha Fierce' includes the two smash first singles "If I Were A Boy" and "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)" Both singles have already managed to dominate both the Billboard Hot 100s and the Billboard R&B/Hip Hop charts, "If I Were A Boy" peaking # 3 on the Hot 100s and "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)" peaking # 8 on the R&B/Hip Hop charts. I have to give it to "B" because that was one of the greatest marketing plans I've ever seen, not only did she release two first singles, but to have them release to two different radio formats was just brilliant. 'I Am...Sasha Fierce' will be release as a two disc album, one version will include mostly ballads; meanwhile, the second version will have a more uptempo side.

The 'I Am...Beyonce" disc starts off with the breathtaking ballad "If I Were A Boy". The single showcases a side of Beyonce that we all have never seen or heard before. In my opinion, this has to be one of Beyonce's best singles in her entire career. Not only does this single show that she can sing, but it also shows her growth as an artist. The second single from this side, "Halo", is a prime example of the above, "Everywhere I'm looking now, I'm surrounded by your embrace, baby I can see your halo, you know you are my saving grace." There were two more ballads on this disc that I found amazing "Disappear", which happens to be one of my favorite thus far, and "Broken-Heart Girl", which in my opinion could possibly be her "Irreplaceable" for this album if it was to be release. I was only able to listen to the standard version of this album, but based on the snippets that I've heard of "Smash Into You" and "That's Why You Are Beautiful", this disc is incredible. My favorites from this version would have to be the whole entire disc, not one single song I hated, which I am suprised, since I'm not a fan of Beyonce and the fact that I think she's overrated!

The "I Am Sasha Fierce's disc starts off with the ladies anthem "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)". The single reminds me of "Get Me Bodied" and I'm just going to leave it at that! This side of disc shows the more uptempo side of Beyonce, which she refers to as her alter-ego, Sasha. The second single from this disc will be "Ego", and I'm just wondering what exactly it is she's referring to, but I'm going to leave that to you guys' imagination! The song "Diva" is the female version of Lil Wayne's "A Milli", which in my opinion "B" actually gives Weezy a run for his money...."When he pull up, wanna pop my hood up, bet he better have a six pack in the cooler", and I doubt she played any role in writing any of the lyrics to that song. I really do not care for the song that much, but the beat is crazy! I am patiently waiting to hear "Hello" because that was the only song from the snippet that actually stood out to me on this disc!

Altogether, I felt that this album came out very well! I think this is Beyonce's best album to date and that's including all the Destiny Child's albums as well! The disc I found more interesting and that I liked the most would have to be the 'I Am Beyonce' disc because it showcased her maturity and that she wasn't afraid to take a risk and I applaud her for that. The only problem that I have with the 'I Am Sasha Fierce's disc is that majority of the songs sounded like they were leftovers from the previous album, minus a couple of them. I think that Beyonce's fans across the world will be very proud of her and the outcome of this album. Beyonce's 'I Am.....Sasha Fierce' hit stores November 18th everywhere, the album will be available as a 'standard edition' for only 9.99 at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc and the deluxe edition will be 13.99 and 14.99 at Circuit City, Best Buy, etc...make sure you guys go out and buy this album!! The album overall rating is 4 out 5 stars!! You guys definitely need to pick this one up, and that's coming from a "Beyonce hater"!!!

1 comment:

[Pennies] 4 Ur Thoughtz