If you're out there you're vulnerable. People prefer to disappear in life, to repress their personality. That's not living. It's dying. I see them all over the place, the walking dead.
-- GRACE JONES--

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Welcome To The 'Thr33 Ringz' Show!




Artist: T-Pain
Album: Thr33 Ringz
Label: Konvict/Jive Records

The 'rappa ternt sanga' has returned with his third album, 'Thr33 Ringz'. In a interview, T-Pain stated the meaning behind the album title, "It came from people telling me that I'm running the game, and the music industry is just like a circus and I'm the ringleader." This album will be follow-up to T-Pain's sophomore effort, Epiphany, which included the blockbuster hit "Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin')". 'Thr33 Ringz' includes the first single, "Can't Believe It" featuring Lil' Wayne. The single has already managed to peaked # 7 on the Billboard Hot 100 and # 2 on the Billboard R&B charts, and if that wasn't enough; the second single "Chopped N Skrewed" featuring Ludacris has already peaked in the top 30s on the Billboard R&B/Hip Hop charts, which in my opinion isn't bad for a single that was "officially" released a couple of months ago.

If you are a T-Pain fan, I think here's where you should stop reading because after those two singles, the album just falls apart. I was actually hoping that T-Pain could have at least pulled a few tricks out of his hat and deliver a decent album, but instead I get crap like this. First of all, the interludes were very annoying and pointless, which I am still trying to figure out how they were related to any of the songs that were before and after them. Then on top of that, majority of the songs on the album sounded like leftover tracks from previous records he has done in the past. Last but not least, the whole auto-tune thing is really getting played out, not only is he using it, but other artists such as Kanye West and Lil' Wayne have also decided to used it to record their next album, Kanye West's '808's & Heartbreaks' and Lil' Wayne's 'Tha Carter III: The Rebirth', which is so sad!

The album highlights for me besides the first two singles were Chris Brown on "Freeze", this young man is the TRUTH; Kanye West on "Therapy", the hook is very catchy and Kanye's verse stood out to me the most, reminds me of Kanye from the College Dropout era; Musiq Soulchild & Raheem DeVaughn on "Reality Show, two of R&B most underrated artists who always delivers in my opinion, they really did an outstanding job on this one, T-Pain wasn't so bad himself, and last but not least Mary J. Blige & Akon on "Change", I just wish that Mary would have given her all on this record, I felt like she was holding back or something, and as for Akon he did an okay job for me, nothing that deserves a standing ovation. The track itself was very positive, just wish that he did not include Diddy on it. Here are the songs that I felt T-Pain held his own with "Ringerleader Man", "Superstar Lady" and "Karaoke". T-Pain's Thr33 Ringz hits stores November 11th. The album includes guest appearances from Lil Wayne, Ludacris, Mary J. Blige, Akon, Diddy, Kanye West, Chris Brown, Ciara, Musiq Soulchild, Raheem DeVaughn, T.I., DJ Khaled, and many more. If you are a die-hard T-Pain's fan, then the chances are you will love this album, but if you are not, then chances are you'll get the same feeling that I got after I finished listening to it! I have to admit that this album is 10x better than 'Epiphany' and with that being said....the album rating is 3 out 5 stars...AVERAGE!!!


Tracklist
01. Band New Show
02. Welcome To Thr33 Ringz Intro
03. Ringeader Man
04. Chopped ‘N’ Skrewed (Feat. Ludacris)
05. Take A Ride Skit
06. Freeze (Feat. Chris Brown)
07. Blowing Up (Feat. Ciara)
08. Cant Believe It (Feat. Lil’ Wayne)
09. It Aint Me (Feat. Akon & T.I.)
10. Feed The Lions Skit
11. Therapy (Feat. Kanye West)
12. Long Lap Dance
13. Lorraine Interlude
14. Reality Show (Feat. Musiq Soulchild, Raheem DeVaughn, & Jay Lyriq)
15. Keep Going
16. Superstar Lady (Feat. Young Cash)
17. Change (Feat. Akon, Diddy, & Mary J. Blige)
18. Digital (Feat. Tay Dizm)
19. Karaoke (Feat. DJ Khaled)
20. Dracula Skit
21. Distorted
22. Bad Side
23. Phantom

Link removed!!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the actual link this time...LoL...nah but I can at least say that I can appreciate an album with more than 12 tracks.....

    On the other hand, the circus theme.....is...fitting. I think the auto-tuning has just been taking to the extreme. It savages the whole purpose of the function for artists who happen to need it from time to time (Ashanti, Rihanna, Britney, Cassie)...and if they manage to STILL sound bad at times..................then why make an entire album based on this? You SHOULDNT!

    Musiq and Raheem always deliver. I've been on that str8 R&B tip lately. Mary did hold back, she's harder than that but perhaps she didn't wanna shine on ole boy--Understandable.

    Not something I'll purchase in this recession LoL!

    ReplyDelete

[Pennies] 4 Ur Thoughtz