If you're out there you're vulnerable. People prefer to disappear in life, to repress their personality. That's not living. It's dying. I see them all over the place, the walking dead.
-- GRACE JONES--

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Year of The Gentleman Cont. : Benjamin Bixby 2009



Earlier this year, Andre 3000 launched the convincing clothing line, Benjamin Bixby. When I was first introduced to some of his pieces online, I immediately was blown away. The line stays true to the artists’ own style, which I think is very important. The vision is definitely apparent! Look for Benjamin Bixby in high end malls and boutiques…you won’t be sorry! And FYI, the fits are crazy!













And let's not talk about how I SO want to be the face of Benjamin Bixby.....CAN I LIVE?!

10 comments:

  1. Unlike other celeb-turned designer i have a positve association with Benjamin Bixby the collection is a true reflection of his personal style... genuine work :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing...anyone can just put their name behind something. But this man has seemingly poured his soul into this collection because every piece is reflective of him!... Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andre, Kanye.... choose one :o) sartorially though not musically

    ReplyDelete
  4. Son! That's too easy....Andre hands down!..and that goes sartorially AND musically! For the record, I'll let it be known I'm fans of both young men haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love the photography and styling.fabu! also this is so Andre 3000.Goodness me,the cuts look amazing. Im glad he didnt just put his name on just any old designs.
    xx muah!
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  6. LoL...I'm glad too!...There's hope for men's fashion afterall!....I can stay out of vintage shops!...jk there are some great things out there.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good choice Cotti, andre's Dandy.... and of course one of my favorite models Ibrahim Baaith is the model pictured ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. N musically Cotti with all due respect Andre cannot be compared to Kanye...sentiments aside, lets give credit to whom it is due... n musically its pretty clear how talented Kanye is, its not about his music alone the videos especially on this new album are masterpieces and its clear to anyone with an average interest in art that his achievements are laudable :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay so his interest in art and aesthetics collectively I totally understand that. However, I mean lyrically. Andre manages to exude the same, if not more, wisdom and play on words as Kanye...just with more tact---and with less vulgarity if you will.

    And as I've stated, I'm a fan of both. But just like in literature, there's a difference in liking two types of something in regards to merit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ::goes to look up Ibrahim Baaith::

    ReplyDelete

[Pennies] 4 Ur Thoughtz