If you're out there you're vulnerable. People prefer to disappear in life, to repress their personality. That's not living. It's dying. I see them all over the place, the walking dead.
-- GRACE JONES--

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Music: Seal Covers Cooke's Prophetic Change


I must admit I was jamming to Sam Cooke's "Change is Gonna Come" for a while during the whole election hype! It inspired a hope greater than anything else that was out there musically. Even though "My President is Black" had great intentions....and I can't lie it help in the hype after all was said and done and my man had secured the Presidency!
So, it was definitely great to know that someone was paying homage to such a celebrated classic. Of course, no male artist comes close (in my opinion) to the stylistic melodies of Sam Cooke...but Seal holds his own on this reckoning cover.
Take a listen here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Pennies] 4 Ur Thoughtz