If you're out there you're vulnerable. People prefer to disappear in life, to repress their personality. That's not living. It's dying. I see them all over the place, the walking dead.
-- GRACE JONES--

Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Broke & The Beautiful

Okay, it’s a known fact we are all in crunch time! Everyone is --or at least should-- be watching the monies that flow in and out of their pockets. So, things other than basic appearance can sometimes be put on the backburner because of rising costs…..on EVERYTHING (I swear even kool-aid has gone up…check your local grocery store!).

However, do not let soaring prices ward you off from staying the best you only…well…you can be! I want to share with you a couple of my favorite products and “rituals,” if you will, to help/enhance your Perfection in Perfectly being the Perfect you! And your face is the center of your being….protect it! Even if you’re a beast with the makeup artistry, a healthy canvas makes for a great masterpiece!

For people of color, it’s very hard to find anything that is effective in maintaining, restoring, or aiding your skin. There are a few things I use that I recommend:

Ambi Facial Cleanser/Lotion (sometimes the soap)—I use this line during the warmer season because it’s better when my skin tends to secrete more natural oils. The moisturizer from this product is lighter and protective against the sun.




Tea Tree Body Bar by Paul Mitchell—for colder days I turn to this charmingly scented body bar that exfoliates dead skin w/ parsley flakes, heals with an infusion of tea tree oil, and for all you guys it’s a great shaving companion due its rich, creamy lather!


Cetaphil Moisturizer- as we age moisturizing becomes more important than ever! Thanks to my sister, I have been using this amazing moisturizer that is lightweight, silky-smooth, fragrance-free and suitable for use under makeup or after shaving. It provides gentle moisturization for all skin types. Also, it provides moderate protection from the sun.


Mint Julep Face Mask – after every day “wear and tear” of my skin, once a week I like to fully rejuvenate my face….and not for a spa price! So, I turn to Queen Helene’s mint julep facial mask. This original masque treatment claims to help dry up acne pimples, rinses away blackheads and even shrinks enlarged pores. Relaxes tired facial muscles and eases tension lines on the face and neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Pennies] 4 Ur Thoughtz